Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
What is Stewards of Children?
- A training program to prevent child sexual abuse
- Shares stories of survivors, expert advice, and practical tips
Who should take this training?
- Any adult who works or volunteers with children or youth
- Any adult who takes care of children or youth (for example: parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles)
Stewards of Children teaches adults to:
- Prevent sexual abuse before it happens
- Recognize signs of sexual abuse in children
- Recognize unsafe behaviours by adults
- Know what to do when a child tells them about abuse, or when they discover abuse
How is the training delivered?
- Two hours long
- Two videos (each video is 35 minutes long)
- Discussion led by a trained facilitator
- A take-home workbook repeats key information